Welcome to ebrain, a gold standard in interactive online learning for professionals in the neurosciences
ebrain is a non-profit raising initiative from the Joint Neurosciences Council, which is a registered charity. ebrain represents the world's largest, most comprehensive web-based training resource in clinical neuroscience. The programme incorporates 650+ interactive, multimedia-rich lessons in 24 modules, along with 100+ webinars, virtual case reports, practice examinations, learning paths and a bibliography.
- ebrain can be used by both trainees and trainers to support continuous professional development across all neuroscience specialties.
- CPD points can be claimed.
- Certificates can be used within portfolios and to evidence self-directed CME.
Led by Dr Adrian Wills, Mr Nitin Mukerji, and Dr Amit Batla, the 500+ contributing clinicians form part of a multi-disciplinary team of expert authors and reviewers drawn from all areas of the neurosciences, both in the UK and across Europe.
ebrain was developed in 2010/11 with enormous contributions from all the UK neuroscience specialties and the European Academy of Neurology. The programme was launched in Nov 2011 and there are now over 650 elearning sessions in the following areas.
- Paediatric Neurology
- Spinal surgery
- Stroke medicine
- Primary Care Neurology
- Spinal cord injury medicine
There has been an annual formative practice test in Neurosurgery since 2014, and the Neurology formative test began in 2017. In 2016, ebrain was recognised by the Royal College of Physicians as an awarder of CPD points. In 2017, we embarked on a regular programme to update the content.The team is focused on developing different ways to present the content, including virtual patients, bibliographies, question banks and webinars. We can also provide online components of residential courses.
Joint Neurosciences Council
ebrain is wholly owned by the Joint Neurosciences Council, a UK registered charity. Charities are legally barred from making a profit and all proceeds have to be reinvested in achieving the aims of the charity. No payments are made to authors, reviewers, module editors or clinical leads and there is no commercial sponsorship of this programme.
- British Society for Clinical Neurophysiology
- Association of British Neurologists
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- British Neuropsychological Society
- British Association of Stroke Physicians
- British Neuropsychiatry Association
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- British Neuropathological Society
- British Association of Audiovestibular Physicians
- British Association of Spinal Cord Injury Specialists
- British Society of Neuroradiologists
- Neuro Anaesthesia & Critical Care Society
- Primary Care Neurology Society
- Paediatric Neurology Association
- British Neurooncology Society
- The International League Against Epilepsy - British Chapter
European Academy of Neurology
Access via www.ean.org. Detailed login instructions can be downloaded here.
University College London
Please visit the online prospectus page to apply for the MSc in Clinical Neurology via distance learning.